Thursday, April 18, 2013

Soul Coaching Day 23 (Earth)

Affirmation
"My mind, body, and spirit are clear channels for love."



Dry Brushing
Well, I was suppose to dry brush my skin before showering this morning during my pre-work routine, but I totally forgot (sigh). The author said that dry brushing your skin is a detoxifying technique, who knew! Not only does it slough off dead skin cells and unclogs pores, but it also stimulates the lymphatic system. Wow, I need to go by a brush and add this to my daily routine!

Cleansing or Clog
Today I was suppose to be very conscious of what I ate, eat cleaner healthier. So instead of my usual canned soup or Ramen Noodle soup for lunch break, I went home and fixed a large salad with lettuce, carrots, cucumber slices, tomato, onion... and salad dressing. I can't go without dressing, and unfortunately all I had was Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch, but I limited it to only two Tablespoons: 1 Tablespoon = 70 calories, Total fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1.25g, Total Carb .5g, Sugars .5g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 115mg... still too much sodium though. Oh well, better than Campbells' Tomato Soup at 960mg plus saltine crackers or Cup O Noodles Soup which is... 1191mg!!! Eeek! 

Dinner was fresh veggies, sliced, plain, and Velveeta Hamburger Mac Cheesy Skillet, (not including the Hamburger)= 440 calories, Total fat 18g, saturated Fat 6g, trans Fat 1g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 1770mg (yikes!), Total Carbs 54g, Sugars 12g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 16g. Hamburger, appx. 170 calories. I could have had a healthier dinner but my pantry and frig were not stocked for healthy/clean eating.
This meal was probably in the Clog category.

I may not have eaten the healthiest or cleanest meals, but I did eat healthier, and read labels to educate myself as to the nutritional value of what I was eating. 

Elimination
The author recommends investing in colonics for a deep internal cleansing, eating more fresh veggies and fruits, but since she recognizes that colonics may not available or appropriate for everyone, she assigned a meditation exercise: to meditate and ask my Higher Self what I could do today that would best eliminate toxins from my body. Considering that this was another of my normal  10 hour work days at the office, I did not complete this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment