Monday, April 8, 2013

Soul Coaching Day 13 (Water)


Affirmation
"My life is blessed and I am so grateful."


Exercise
Focus on what is great about every person and everything you come into contact with and experience today, and note what value you are gaining from each experience.


Today is about reflection and counting my blessings.

Gratitude For Everything 
Being as I worked the first 10 hours of my day, I found this a bit challenging, just because it feels weird to approach my co-workers and telling them "Hey, I just want to let you know how much I enjoy working with you, and I am grateful for you. Having co-workers like you make my job wonderful. Thank you!"  So I chickened out and sent a very sincere personal email to each person. Besides that, it was a really quiet day, and I didn't see much of anybody, besides my co-workers...and my youngest (adult) son, but he didn't do his chores today like I asked, and that kind of ruined the I'm-so-grateful-for-you- talk. I know, I know, my bad.

What Are You Grateful For? Write down what you are grateful for. Make a list of things you are not grateful for, and reflect on ways that you can be grateful for these things and your reasons.
This was simple enough, although emotional. My biggest and most recent is of course the loss of my Mom, so I included it...

I am not grateful for losing my Mom.  I am grateful for the opportunity to learn the responsibilities and requirements of being a Power of Attorney and Executor, of which I was able to share and help others experiencing similar circumstances, and for the growth I am experiencing, however heart wrenching the process. She taught me so much in life, and continues to teach me from the other side. I LOVE YOU MOM!

I Love You. I appreciate You. Look in the mirror and tell your reflection "I love you. I appreciate you."  Note your feelings as you do this. If this is hard, practice it daily until you are comfortable in doing it.  This wasn't hard for me. I began this process years ago, although I still feel kind of silly standing in front of the mirror talking to myself LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment