Sunday, February 24, 2013

Inspiration for a New Blog

Through my recent efforts to kick my current depression, including delving into the cause of my current ailments (the recent loss of my Mom and my corresponding health issues), I was hit upside the head with a couple of things: (1) a sudden burst of creativity, and (2) inspiration to begin a new blog.

Although my creativity has not found its outlet just yet (still pondering what to paint), it has spawned a title for my blog, which I love! Positive Warfare, is just as the description explains, about fighting the negativity of depression, anxiety... and fear, etc with positive thoughts. This blog will include affirmations, and tools such as media, meditation, stones & crystals, herbs, etc. Who knows, maybe it will be beneficial for others out there, as well as myself  :)

I'd like to share a few of my recent tool usages to kick this blog off....

My ipod Meditation
I love this album! It not only helps me to relax and fall asleep at night but it also includes brainwave therapy and an hour of positive affirmation that continue to work even while you are sleeping. I listed the itunes link as well as a youtube video version. Enjoy! 

itunes album



Fave Healing Book
This book is fabulous! I actually have the entire gift set (3 books) and love them all, but this book in particular contains in Chapter 15, a list of physical problems, their mental cause, and a corresponding affirmation to focus on. I highly recommend this book, and if you can, get the 3 book set.

For example, one of my problems right now is the onset of a new back issue: Sacrum Pain; it is crippling and severely painful when it flares up. This began gradually during my Mom's last hospital stay, and intensified after her death. I connected the dots right a way... this physical ailment is connected to losing Mom. So I looked up the following:

Lower Back 
The probable cause is fear, money, and lack of financial support. 
The affirmation:
"I trust the process of life. All I need is always taken care of. I am safe." 

Hip
The Sacrum is also connected to the hips and it is actually part of the pain. 
The probable cause is fear of moving forward. 
The affirmation:
"I am in perfect balance. I move forward in life with ease and with joy at every age."


My Current Affirmation
My main focus right now, is kicking my current depression related to losing Mom and the resulting frustration linked to the onset of the Sacrum issue. So I created my own affirmation to battle this depression:

I release the need to dwell in sorrow. 
Each moment is an opportunity for Joy. 
I choose Happiness.

This is where that flare of creativity popped in; I want to create a painting featuring this affirmation. I just haven't figured out exactly what I want to paint yet... obviously something simple yet cheerful and something that coordinates with my house, so earthy (greens and browns). I usually work in watercolor, but I'm thinking maybe something multimedia, incorporating acrylics and hodgepodge, but I've never done such a thing before... so.... still thinking LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment