For today's affirmations, I chose healing, but I want to direct it towards depression. Remember, your mind is powerful; whatever your mind can conceive, it can create.
YOU have the power to create your existence. You have the power to HEAL yourself.
MEDITATE ON ITrepeatedly daily/weekly/for as long as it takes to sink in!
CHOOSE HAPPINESS (yes you can)
"It is my Divine right to be Happy. I claim Joy now. I OWN it"
"I enjoy Life. Life is good"
"I welcome and freely accept Joy into my life."
That's great for starters, now let's move onto some other things that can be beneficial in fighting depression, like herbs for example. There are many herbs and many, many places you can purchase herbal remedies and teas. My friend Sheila makes a specialty tea called Beat the Blues you can find her contact information here.
- Herbal Tinctures! Two of my faves herbs are Motherwort (anxiety, heart palpitations, and stress), and St. John's Wort (depression and anxiety). I prefer liquid form (tincture/tonic) for better results, although quite honestly, they do not taste good LOL. I like to put 30 drops under my tongue for a couple of minutes before swallowing, followed by some of water. My friend Christine makes tinctures, you can find her here.
- Aroma therapy: Lavender, Orange, and Geranium are my personal favorites for depression. You can wear Essential Oils on your skin (provided they are mixed with a carrier oil), in your hair, wear an aromatic pendant or vial necklace, in your bath water, or in a squirt bottle mixed with water to mist your surroundings, make a potpourri satchel for your vehicle or desk, or you can use scented candles.
- Stones and Crystals for depression include Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, and my fave Labradorite. You can use these in a variety of ways: wear the stone(s) close to your skin (I prefer over the heart), make stone/crystal elixirs to drink, use them in your bath water, hold them during mediation. If you choose to use stones or crystals, make sure you cleanse them often, as they absorb negativity that needs to be cleansed, or it won't do you any good. I recommend you research stones and crystals before ingesting an elixir or using them in your bath water because some stones may dissolve and some may contain minerals, etc that may be harmful if ingested. Take advantage of the internet, it is a wondrous tool :)
- Get out of the house! Go window shopping, take a walk, go to the park, see a movie, have a pic nic, ANYTHING but get out of the house! Moping around cooped up in your house is the worse thing you can do. Outdoors in the sun is best; sunlight has been proven to be beneficial to depression sufferers.
- Rock out! Turn up the tunes and dance as you do your chores, or just dance :)
- Volunteer! Helping others, helps you :)
I will most likely repeat many of these items in future posts, in more detail, but this gives you some ideas to get you started, and remember....
You CAN Beat it!
Start Affirming NOW